CEPIA (Culture, Education, and Psychology for Infants & Adolescents) is a Costa Rican based, nationally-accredited, non-profit organization, that improves the quality of life of children, teenagers & families from poor backgrounds in Guanacaste by promoting culture, education, health and participation, since 2005.
CEPIA (Culture, Education, and Psychology for Infants & Adolescents) is a nationally-accredited non-profit organization, located in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. CEPIA supports hundreds of children, teenagers, and their families from poor backgrounds, by providing after-school programs, psychological help for victims, educational projects for high-risk youth, professional training, a Food Bank, a library, movie nights, and more.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of children and teenagers and their families from poor backgrounds in Costa Rica by promoting cultural development,educational and market opportunities, physical and mental health, social cohesion and participation.
CEPIA has 3 full-time employees, the support of 9 teachers and professionals in mental health, social work and education. CEPIA enjoys a team of 90 local volunteers and approximately 40 temporary volunteers and university students yearly.
- 85 children and teenagers from very difficult situations are part of a daily educational,nutritional, emotional program at our community center.
- 141 girls participate in the weekly girls’ club in their community to protect them from sexual abuse, teenage pregnancy and school drop out.
- 153 children participate in our sports program (surfing, soccer, jujitsu, yoga, basketball,swimming).
- 32 children and 10 mothers living in extreme poverty receive a monthly food basket home.
- 120 children receive psychological counseling yearly.
- 600 adults participate in our professional trainings yearly.
- 450 kids living in poverty receive school supplies & uniforms yearly.